Raymond Center for the Performing Arts at St. Augustine High School
On September 12, 2018 the Very Reverend Bishop John Dolan blessed the newly completed Raymond Center for the Performing Arts at St. Augustine High School. The celebration included a dedication Mass, luncheon and a musical presentation by the St. Augustine/AOLP Concert Band. The 389 seat auditorium is actually a renovation of the school’s old gymnasium. The original gym was built in 1953 and has accommodated athletic events, school Mass and dances. The gym also acted as a triage morgue during the PSA crash in 1978. The renovation has transformed the facility into a Performing Arts Center, complete with a state of the art theater, band room, rehearsal spaces and a media lab. Re-Using existing resources is a green approach. It avoids landfill, minimizes production of new materials and preserves the memories and spirit of a beloved facility. The acoustics of the space are spectacular, and we cannot wait to see and hear the magic that the students will create in this awesome facility. We are proud to have been a part of this amazing transformation.